The mission of the Castroville Area Chamber of Commerce is to help promote the agricultural, civic, commercial, and industrial advancement of the community. In doing so, there is a code of conduct expected from every Chamber member. The following is what is expected:
- A member will conduct themselves in a cordial manner at all times when addressing other members, community members and Castroville Area Chamber of Commerce (CACC) staff.
- A member will not engage in any improper and/or harassing behavior at any time with other members, community members, or CACC staff.
- A member will maintain integrity, objectivity, and competence within their scope in all business transactions and communications with other members, community members, or CACC staff.
- A member will conduct themselves with honesty and truthfulness in all professional actions and communications when representing a business, making or utilizing business relationships, and with other members, community members, or CACC staff.
- A member will communicate positively & effectively and treat all members, community members, and CACC staff with care and respect.
- A member will not engage in any type of behavior that attempts to bring discredit, embarrassment, causes damage, or is detrimental to the reputation of the CACC, the Directors, and/or staff.
- If any of the above (paragraphs 1-6) codes are violated, a member will notify the Executive Director and/or President of such issue(s) in writing and it will be handled in a timely fashion.
- Any substantiated claim submitted and proven to be a violation of any of the above rules will result in the revocation of that member’s membership with the CACC.